Monday, May 31, 2010

Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours

“At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you , and once in a while people may even take your breath away.”

This a blog full of annoucements!


So, for those of you who don't already know, I'm officially a working girl as of July 8th! I'll be moving to Seattle to start working for Boeing! I'm going to be working in the F-22 production facility doing procurement. I'm not sure what exactly I had always imagined for my first job, but I couldn't be happier with my choice. I love Seattle & I'm excited to go back to a great company. I've been really nervous about my decision, and I was talking to someone the other day, and about how I hoped my first real job would be a good experience. And do you know what they said?

They said it doesn't matter!

At first, I was surprised, but then they explained that if it's great, then that's great, but if it's bad, then it's a good experience and I'll know what I don't like doing. There will always be bad jobs - if they happen early in your life, all the better. And that really hit me. If there's one thing I've learned in Orchard Park, and Moscow, and Coeur d'Alene, and Seattle, and now Chambery, it's that I can be happy anywhere I put my mind to it. So this job is just the next step in life. And if it's great, that's great, and if it's not, that's great too, because it will be a learning experience and I'll still be happy.


Also, for those of you who don't know, I have a boyfriend. He's French & he makes me happy & I'm a lucky girl to have him with me on some of my adventures throughout Europe. This past weekend, we went to a concert to see Coeur de Pirate, a great French group in Dijon. They remind me a lot of Vanessa Carlton, so it should've been a pretty calm concert. But then, I fainted. Yep, that's right, I fainted. It was the heat, and all the people in the close space. But, I recovered quickly, thanks to some really nice people who helped me out & got to see the rest of the concert, in a place where there was more air!

We also got to see this 24 hour bike race in his hometown. It's like a carnival for bikes! There are teams of 8 that must fill 2 places on bikes for 24 hours. Except that it's more of a giant party, complete with the whole town, decorations, concerts, and lots of food and drink. It was so cool to see a community come together and joke and laugh and do, well, very much the same thing Americans do when we get together. I'm blessed to have spent time experiencing the "real" French way of life & I hope that in my last days here I can soak up as much of it as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh la la! What a cute French boyfriend you have :) I've loved reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete