Wednesday, March 3, 2010

4 girls. 5 cities. 10 days. (Or What I Learned In Spain)




10. A trip to any major city is incomplete with a trip to Zara....literally we went there in every single city to scope out the 2.99 Euro bins & all got some great deals!

9. Lots of portugese (pra me ta bon, tchau, eh, NOSA...)

8. Book your transportation in advance...i don't want to take anymore unplanned train-hotels!

7. It's great to travel when someone else has already planned everything...i was so glad that Larissa & Marianna already had a great idea of what they wanted to do while we were there. No research, just following another leader, for once.

6. Living out of its suitcases has it's limits...after awhile you start to miss wearing different clothes, shaving & using all the things you take for granted at home

5. Rain doesn't stop anything! We went everywhere rain or shine... and I don't think one of us complained once. If it's important to go out & see a city, you'll do it no matter what the weather.

4. There can be a sensory overload after too many beautiful things...when i look back all i remember is lots of beautiful things, towards the end i'm not even sure i could tell you everything we saw.

3. Every day pleasures in the US are major treats here! I had my first & only Starbucks in Feburary at the airport, & it was pure bliss. If you know anything about my life in the US, I am a Starbuck's junkie, so giving up this global mecca is a big deal for me, among other things.

2. It's good to plan, but also good to be spontaneous - our dancing excursion in Barcleona was one of the highlights of my trip & was never on our schedule.

1. Small acts of kindness can change a person's life.

Basically, it was a wonderful trip I'll always remember. If your curious about more of what we did, you can look at the 200 facebook photos I put up of the trip...which isn't even all the ones that I have!

For now, I'm back to Chambery, recieving a bunch of visitors, in the past & near future & planning my next adventures! Life is good. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment