Friday, February 18, 2011

"and i'm never sure, what i'm looking for, but it's always on my mind..."

"What is drama but life with the dull bits cut out." - Alfred Hitchcock

I thought being a grown-up meant that there would be no more drama, but that was a big lie. There have been a lot of big drama-fests at work lately, and it always surprises me that these things happen in the work place. I mean, come on people, we're supposed to be grown-ups - empowered, making decisions!

One of the things that continually surprises me is how wrapped up people can get in their little area. There are chargelines to worry about, people that are hesitant to have their name attached to a project, people who can't work with people x, y and z. Don't get me wrong, I get wrapped up in my stuff too, probably more than a lot of people, given that I'm 22.

In college, I used to get so irritated by the drama that surrounded me in my sorority. Fortunately, I thought, all that was going to end when I got into the "real world." But I'm learning more and more that the line between being in and out of the "real world" is a blurry one. I mean, there is no "fake world," is there?

There are people at work who "don't get it." I don't think I am one of these people. And furthermore, I don't intend on being one of them. I'm going to get where I want to go, wherever that is, by writing my own rules and trying to not to get so tangled up in the drama.

Then again, a little drama can be a good thing...Craig sent me flowers at work for Valentine's day. I suppose you could call that dramatic, and definitely not the unpleasant kind. And Emily came to spend the weekend last weekend, and we definitely got into some shennangins that one might call dramatic.

Let's admit it, we can all be drama queens sometimes. Drama makes life more interesting....just don't let it rule your life. There are bigger fish to fry sunshine :)

Also - I'm really diggin' the Sounds Like This album lately. Check it out if you want some smooth tunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment